Please make sure that you and your child come appropriately prepared for a lesson by following the dress guidelines outlined below:
- Dress in layers.
- Dress in clothing that does not restrict any movement.
- Wear long pants at all times to prevent chafing or rubbing on legs.
- Wear riding boots, light-weight hiking boots, or lace-up shoes with a heel. Sneakers may be worn.
- Riding gloves may be worn if desired. In cold weather other types of gloves are acceptable. Mittens may not be worn.
- Riding helmets will be provided. To ensure a safe and proper fit, it is important to remove any dangling earrings or hair accessories that would be uncomfortable under a helmet. A high pony tail should be avoided as it interferes with proper adjustment of the helmet. Riders may provide their own helmet (ASTM/SEI approved).
- Remove any sharp or rigid objects from all pockets. This includes pencils, wallets and cell phones. Necklaces should be removed prior to lesson, or worn under shirt.
- For safety reasons, open-toed shoes are not to be worn at any time while at LOARC.